Original Recipe Yield 1 - 9x13 inch cake
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups raw cane sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I used vanilla agave nectar)
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3-4 cup pulp from juicer (mine had lots of carrot in it, as well as apples, pears, and peaches)
- 1/4 raw almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots/ pulp. Fold in nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and coolcompletely.
- To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in chopped pecans. Frost the cooled cake.